the Preggo Modchik

a blog about my last pregnancy with my daughter Ava

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

32 weeks 4 days


can you see how red my tummy is? I have been scratching today, and my belly button is getting some shooting pains, I think we are gowing again. Baby is very quiet today, which is not unusual. That exact behavior landed me in the hospital last week, in the Fetal Diagnostic floor hooked up to monitors.

The weekend I hit 31 weeks I noticed a decrease in movement, which is probably related to her increasingly small home. With my "advanced maternal age" they waste no time shuttling you to the monitors to make sure baby is well. I happened to hit them on a day when I dehydrated. My fluid levels were at 7.5 and they don't like to see anything less than 10 so up to LDR I went (in a wheelchair, hospital policy) to be examined and tested for a possible LEAK! Now mind you if I had had a leak, I would be posting in my blog via my laptop at the hospital. Thank the Lord, I was not leaking amniotic fluid and I was sent home to drink as much water as I could and comeback in 3 days for a repeat NST (non stress test) <-- basically they hooked me up to a monitor strapped around my bog ol' belly and they track fetal heart tones, movement and any contractions I have ( I had one GOOD one) they also do a level II u/s and measure 4 quadrants of open space to gauge how much fluid she's floating in. Well the next test came back at 14, so I had to pass one more which I did yesterday and now I am released from any more testing until I hit 36 weeks, then I will go back as her due date approaches.

I turned 38 yesterday and I haven't given it much thought since the only thing on my mind right now is NESTING!!!! What can I clean or put away at this point. LOL! I am looking forward to my showers in 2 weeks, I can only imagine the wardrobe this child will have by then. The nursery is done, picked up the final pc., the chair TODAY! YEY! I hung the curtains and the box valance yesterday, came out cute!

Time to go make Valentine's Day dinner for my boys.

1 Sweet Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger kari said...

I think she is telling her Mama to slow down & take it easy. Make sure you do that! You have to let that little girl cook a few more weeks at least! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home