the Preggo Modchik

a blog about my last pregnancy with my daughter Ava

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 19, 2005

Nuchal Screen


I had my first screen, the Nuchal Translucency Screen this morning and I got such a surprise with the incredible u/s pictures. You go into the u/s room and I swear the technician squirted about HALF the bottle of gel on my abdomen and started pressing down pretty hard to scan for baby. Immediately we see baby's head on the left and feet to the right. Baby G was moving SO MUCH it was hilarious, legs flailing arms waving about and when she would do a fly by with the wand sometimes babyG would flip onto its side and we could see the length of her spine, very cool. You could see all the fingers the toes and a very clear profile! The technician kept saying "oh how cute, look at that tiny profile, do you see the nose and lips?" She said this age is her favorite gestational age for ultrasounds, interesting. I was more shocked you could see so much as early as 11 weeks.

BabyG measured 11 weeks and 3 days, three days ahead schedule OR my EDD is off... TBD at a later date. BabyG is now 2" long...awwwww. The doc on staff came in after the u/s and said that the measurements and pictures revealed a healthy looking baby. I had blood drawn for the other part of the test and we should receive results back as early as Friday. The only thing we will get is our probability for delivering a baby with chromosomal damage or congenital heart defects. This test can not screen for neural tube defects. I will have the quad blood test for that next month.

I am telling the parents at school at tonight’s PTO, its getting to hard to cover the "bump" I popped out over the weekend, its funny I am showing finally... I will be 12 weeks this weekend. YEY! Feels so good I can almost forget the sick part.... almost.

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home